Rome Film Festival 2012
Rome Film Festival
The 2012 edition of the Rome Film Festival will run from the to the of November, with most of the film shows based around the Auditorium in Rome.
Now in its seventh year, Rome's major film festival has undergone several apparent changes of name (or at least of branding), from RomeFilmFest to Cinema Festa Internazionale di Roma to its current Italian name Festival Internazionale del Film di Roma — In English it's now known simply as the Rome Film Festival.
The content too has changed: the early festivals drew criticism for being too American-centric, while more recently the festival has had a greater focus on Italian cinema and international films: in 2012, there are three Italian films and two American films in competition, with a jury chaired by Jeff Nichols. The full list of films in competition (not including two "'surprise films") looks like this:
- A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III Roman Coppola, USA
- Aku No Kyoten (Lesson of Evil) Takashi Miike, Japan
- Alí Ha Gli Occhi Azzurri (Ali has Blue Eyes) Claudio Giovannesi, Italy
- E La Chiamano Estate (And They Call it Summer) Paolo Franchi, Italy
- Ixjana Józef Skolimowski, Micha? Skolimowski, Poland
- Mai Morire (Never Die) Enrique Rivero, Mexico
- Main Dans La Main (Hand in Hand) Valérie Donzelli, France
- Marfa Girl Larry Clark, USA
- The Motel Life Gabriel Polsky, Alan Polsky
- Nebesnye eny Lugovykh Mari (Celestial Brides of the Plane Seas) Alexey Fedorchenko, Russia
- Un Enfant du Toi (You, Me and Us) Jacques Doillon, France
- Vecnoe Vozvracenie (Eternal Homecoming) Kira Muratova, Ukraine
- Il Volto Di Un'Altra (The Face of Another) Pappi Corsicato, Italy
For more details, see the official site for the festival at www.romacinemafest.org.